It is the responsibility of the Asset Administrator or the partition's delegated administrator to define the rules Safeguard for Privileged Passwords uses to verify account passwords.
- Navigate to Administrative Tools | Settings | Profile | Check Password.
- Click Add Check Password Setting to open the Check Password Settings dialog.
- Browse to select a partition.
- Enter a Name of up to 50 characters for the rule.
- Enter a Description of up to 255 characters for the rule.
- Click the Schedule button and choose an interval.
Configure the following.
To specify the frequency without start and end times, select from the following controls. If you want to specify start and end times, go to the Use Time Window selection in this section.
- Minutes: The job runs per the frequency of minutes you specify. For example, Every 30 Minutes runs the job every half hour over a 24-hour period. It is recommended you do not use the frequency of minutes except in unusual situations, such as testing.
Hours: The job runs per the minute setting you specify. For example, if it is 9 a.m. and you want to run the job every two hours at 15 minutes past the hour starting at 9:15 a.m., select Runs Every 2 Hours @ 15 minutes after the hour.
Days: The job runs on the frequency of days and the time you enter.
For example, Every 2 Days Starting @ 11:59:00 PM runs the job every other evening just before midnight.
Weeks The job runs per the frequency of weeks at the time and on the days you specify.
For example, Every 2 Weeks Starting @ 5:00:00 AM and Repeat on these days with MON, WED, FRI selected runs the job every other week at 5 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Months: The job runs on the frequency of months at the time and on the day you specify.
For example, If you select Every 2 Months Starting @ 1:00:00 AM along with First Saturday of the month, the job will run at 1 a.m. on the first Saturday of every other month.
Select Use Time Windows if you want to enter the Start and End time. You can click add or - delete to control multiple time restrictions. Each time window must be at least one minute apart and not overlap.
For example, for a job to run every ten minutes every day from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., enter these values:
Enter Every 10 Minutes and Use Time Windows:
- Start 10:00:00 PM and End 11:59:00 AM
Start 12:00:00 AM and End 2:00:00 AM
An entry of Start 10:00:00 PM and End 2:00:00 AM will result in an error that the end time must be after the start time.
If you have selected Days, Weeks, or Months, you will be able to select the number of times for the job to Repeat in the time window you enter.
For a job to run two times every other day at 10:30 am between the hours of 4 a.m. and 8 p.m., enter these values:
For days, enter Every 2 Days and set the Use Time Windows as Start 4:00:00 AM and End 20:00:00 PM and Repeat 2.
- Time Zone: Select the time zone.
Optionally, complete either of these settings:
- Change Password on Mismatch: Select this option to automatically change a password when Safeguard for Privileged Passwords detects the password in the appliance database differs from the password on the asset.
Notify Delegated Owners on Mismatch: Select this option to trigger a notification when Safeguard for Privileged Passwords detects a password mismatch.
NOTE: To send event notifications to a user, you must configure Safeguard for Privileged Passwords to send alerts. For more information, see Configuring alerts. Set up an email template for the Password Check Mismatch event type.