In Identity Manager, when trying to make a change to the Phone Number field for a SAP User account, the following error is displayed:
" Object (user) could not be saved"
" Could not save object SAP user accounts (user)"
" Error executing pre-script for saving (user)"
" Error executing script 'SAPUser_OnSaving'"
"A telephone number without country code or extension is not allowed"
When entering a Country Code, Phone Number and Extension, the error does not appear.
This error can be caused by the default "OnSaving" script for the "SAPUser" table.
The script/check was implemented in 6.1 (and did not exist in 6.0 versions), so it may be expected to see this error following an upgrade, where saving worked in 6.0 versions, but now fails in 6.1 versions.
The purpose for the script is that some SAP systems are quite restricted with the handling of telephone numbers. Until 6.1, it was possible to define incomplete phone numbers in Identity Manager, and the following provisioning job would fail. With the new check in the OnSaving script, the user making the change will get a direct error in Manager.
If the SAP Environment allows incomplete phone numbers (either because it worked before an upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1, or the testing in SAP shows it should work) it is possible to deactivate the default OnSaving script.
To deactivate the OnSaving Script:
1. Open Designer
2. Select "Database Schema" from the navigation list
3. Expand "Tables" and select the "SAPUser" table
4. Click the task "Show Table definition"
5. Select the "SAPUser" table, and select the "Table properties" tab "Table scripts [custom]"
6. Enable the "Custom Script" checkbox
7. Clear the "Script (OnSaving) [customer]" script
8. Save and compile the database.