The following steps were followed when trying to log in to the Password reset portal:
1. Logged on to workstation using Active Directory (AD) credentials
2. Access the Password Reset Portal.
3. Selected option "Authenticate using current password".
4. Entered central account of the user and AD password.
However, the following error was thrown: "Current user could not be determined".
To allow the usage of the "Active Directory user account (manual input/role based)" authentication module, change the authenticator settings for the Password Reset Web to allow Authentication for Active Directory user account.
Using Web Designer select the Password reset web application. Change the Authentication module via the "Edit web application setting" window:
1. Open the "Edit web application setting" dialog by clicking the icon on the start page:
2. Ensure the Authentication module is set to use "Active Directory user account", e.g.: