SSL error after changing certificate on Application Server
After changing the certificate on the Application server, browsing to the App Server URL works correctly and the correct certificate shows as green, but when trying to log in to any front end tool using the Application Server for authentication, an error is thrown:
"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL\TLS secure channel.
The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure."
The old certificate is still being stored in the database connection.
1. Delete the old Application Server connection:
- Open Manager
- From the Database menu, select "New Connection".
- Under "Select a database connection", highlight the Application Server connection and press the Delete key.
- Confirm the deletion.
2. Add a new connection to the application server:
- Select "Add new connection".
- Select "Application server".
- Enter the URL for the application server.
- After entering the URL, the option to Specify server certificate will appear. A certificate can be selected but it is not necessary, this field can be left blank.
- Click on 'Finish'.
Following these steps, the correct certificate should be used when logging in through the front end tools using the Application Server for authentication.