You cannot add Privilege Manager licenses to the primary server by means of the Management Console for Unix (MCU).
You must install the license files using the pmlicense command when logged into the Policy Manager Server.
The license only needs to be added to the primary server.
To install a license file
1. Copy the .xml license file to the policy server.
2. To install the license, run:
# /opt/quest/sbin/pmlicense -l license_file
This command displays your currently installed license and the details of the new license to be installed.
3. When it asks, "Would you like to install the new license (Y/N) [Y]?", press Enter, or type:Y
4. If there are other policy servers configured in your policy server group, it forwards the license configuration to the other servers.
To refresh Privilege Manager license information in the console
1. Log onto the management console using the supervisor account or an Active Directory account with rights to change System Settings; that is, an account in the Console Administration role.
2. From the top-level Settings menu, navigate to System settings | Privilege Manager | Software and Licenses.
3. Click Check for licenses.
4. Click OK to save the System Settings and return to the management console.
Note: The management console automatically updates the license information each time you login.