There are a number of ways, as described below, to verify that resource activity is being recorded properly:
- At the agent level, on the agent host, in the agent instance directory, you can watch the "ResourceActivityStore_XYZ.sqlite" file increase in size.
- For each aggregation interval, observe the creation of the ResourceActivityStore_*retired file. These files contain activity that will be forwarded to the Data Governance server.
At the Data Governance server level, check the DataGovernanceEdition.Service.exe.dlog file for a message similar to the one below which is logged when an agent sends activity to the Data Governance server (search for the words in bold):
2016-07-2015:14:33:539 [INFO][SendSplitMessageResponses(179)] Sending UpdateResourceUsage in 1 parts.
- In the Manager, compare the following agent statics in the Agents view:
- Activity Enqueued: The number of resource activity records that have been queued and are waiting to get stored/aggregated in the Resource Activity store.
- Activity Processed: The number of resource activity records that have been processed and stored in the Resource Activity store.
In the Manager, run the Resource Activity report:
- In the Resource browser or Governed data overview, locate the target resource.
- Select the target resource and select Resource activity report.
- Specify the appropriate time range and click Finish to generate the report.
- If the report lists the expected activities, activity is being correctly recorded.
- In the Data Governance Edition Resource Activity database, check if there is any items in dbo.AuditUsage. If there is, activity is correctly being sent from the agent to the Data Governance server and then to the Data Governance Edition Resource Activity database.