Step 6: Execute Workflow
To run the provisioning step:
- On the Workflows tab, click Run now.
- In the Select workflow steps to run dialog box, select the check box next to the step you created, and then click Full Run to run the step.
After the synchronization step run completes, the Synchronization Service Administration Console displays a report that provides information about the objects that participated in the provisioning step. At this stage, the application does not commit changes to the target One Identity Manager domain.
Step 7: Commit changes to One Identity Manager
To commit the changes to One Identity Manager:
A message All changes committed is displayed. The changes are committed from the source Active Directory Test AD to the target One Identity Manager.
Step 8: Verify on One Identity Manager
To verify if the data is synchronized to One Identity Manager:
Open the One Identity Manager console and verify that all the users from the AD are synchronized with One Identity Manager as per the provisioning rules that were set.
Scenario 4: Deprovisioning between One Identity Manager Custom Target Systems and an Active Directory domain
Scenarios of use > Scenario 4: Deprovisioning between One Identity Manager Custom Target Systems and an Active Directory domain
The Deprovisioning operation in data synchronization using Synchronization Service allows you to modify or remove objects in the target data system after their counterparts have been disconnected from the source data system. Synchronization Servicecan be configured to remove target objects permanently or change them to a specific state. To specify the objects that will participate in the deprovision operation you can use object mapping rules. This scenario describes how to create a deprovisioning step for a workflow to modify or delete the synchronized objects in the target system based on the deprovisioning criteria that is set.
To create a deprovisioning step:
- In the Synchronization Service Administration Console, open the Sync Workflows tab, and then click the workflow AD to D1IM Sync.
- Click Add synchronization step.
- On the Select an action dialog box, select Deprovision, and then click Next.
- On the Specify source and criteria dialog box, click Specify, click Add new connected system or Select existing connected system, and then step through the wizard to add the Active Directory Test AD as a connected system.
- Specify a deprovisioning criteria by selecting one of the following:
- Source object is deleted or out of synchronization scope
- Source object deprovisioning is initiated in connected system
- Source object meets these criteria - Add the criteria for the source objects to be deprovisioned in the target system
- Click Next.
- On the Specify target dialog box, click Specify.
- Click Add new connected system or Select existing connected system, and then step through the wizard to add the target One Identity Manager domain as a connected system.
- Click Select, to add the required target object type.
- On the Select Object Type dialog box, select the object type UNSAccountB from the list of object types and click Ok.
- On the Specify deprovisioning action dialog box, select the one of the following action to deprovision:
- Delete target objects
- Initiate the object deprovisioning in <target system>
- Modify target objects - Click Forward Synch rule and select the attributes to modify the object attributes.
- Click Next.
The Deprovisioning step with the rules for the specified deprovisioning action is created.