Managing the list of objects
The list of objects in the Web Interface has a number of features that help you locate the objects you target. Thus, you can sort objects in a list and apply a filter to a list. You can also add or remove list columns.
Sorting and filtering the list of objects
The Web Interface allows you to set a sort order and apply a filter in the list of objects.
To sort the list of objects by name
- Click the Name column heading once or twice to sort the list by object name in ascending or descending order. An arrow in the column heading indicates the sort order.
You can also sort the list by other columns. Click a column heading to change the sort order. For instructions on how to add or remove columns, see Adding or removing columns from the list of objects later in this document.
To filter the list of objects
- To filter the list by naming properties, type in the Filter field on the Toolbar and then press Enter or click the button next to the Filter field. As a result, the list includes only the objects whose naming properties match what you typed. The naming properties include name, first name, last name, display name, and logon name.
- To filter the list by other properties, click the button on the right side of the Toolbar to expand the Toolbar, click Add criteria, choose the properties by which you want to filter, click Add, and then configure the criteria as appropriate. When finished, press Enter or click the button next to the Filter field on the Toolbar. As a result, the list includes only the objects that match the criteria you configured.
After you have applied a filter, the list includes only the objects that match the filter. For example, you can type a few characters in the Filter field on the Toolbar and then press Enter to view only the objects whose name starts with the characters you typed.
To remove the filter and restore the original list of objects
- If you did not add criteria, clear the Filter field on the Toolbar and then press Enter; otherwise, expand the Toolbar, click Clear all, and then press Enter.
Adding or removing columns from the list of objects
You can customize the list of objects by adding or removing list columns. Each column is intended to display a certain property of objects in the list, and can be used to set a sort order.
To add or remove list columns
- Click the Menu button on the left side of the Toolbar, and then click Choose columns.
- To add a column for a certain property, click the name of the property in the Hidden columns list and then click the right arrow button to move the property to the Displayed columns list.
- To remove a column for a certain property, click the name of the property in the Displayed columns list and then click the left arrow button to move the property to the Hidden columns list.
You can reorder list columns by moving list items up and down in the Displayed columns list: Click the name of the property in the list and then click the up arrow button or the down arrow button next to the list.
Locating directory objects
The Web Interface provides search and filtering tools to help you locate directory objects quickly and easily. By creating and applying an appropriate search or filter query, you can build shorter lists of objects, which makes it easier to select the objects needed to accomplish your administrative tasks.
You can also save search and filter queries as your personal views, and use them again at a later time. Each view saves the following settings that you specify: the container to search or filter; the search or filtering criteria; the set of columns and the sort order in the list of search or filtering results.