Specify directory partitions
Allows you to specify the directory partitions you want to participate in the synchronization operations by selecting the check boxes next to such directory partitions. You can also use the following additional options:
- Select all. Selects the check boxes next to all directory partitions in the list.
- Add. Adds a new directory partition to the list.
- Remove. Removes currently selected directory partition from the list.
- Test Connection. Click this button to verify the specified connection settings.
Specify naming attributes
Every object in an LDAP directory service has a naming attribute from which the object name is formed. When you create a connection to an LDAP directory service, a default naming attribute is selected for each object type in the data system. You can use the Specify Naming Attributes item to view the naming attribute currently selected for each object type in the data system and optionally specify a different naming attribute.
This expandable item provides following options:
- Default naming attribute. Displays the default naming attribute currently selected for each object type.
- Add. Adds a new naming attribute for the selected object type.
- Edit. Allows you to edit the name of the naming attribute currently specified for the selected object type.
- Remove. Removes the currently selected entry from the list.
Specify attributes to identify objects
This expandable item provides the following options that allow you to specify the attributes with which you wish to uniquely identify each object in the connected LDAP directory service:
- Available attributes. Lists the attributes that are available in the external data system. Use this list to select the attributes whose values you want to use to generate a unique identifier for each object in the external data system. You can filter attributes by typing in the text box at the top of this list. To select multiple attributes, hold down CTRL and click to select attributes in the list.
- UniqueID attributes. Lists the attributes whose values are currently used to generate a unique identifier for each object in the external data system.
- Add->. Moves the selected attributes from the Available attributes list to the UniqueID attributes list.
- <-Remove. Moves the selected attributes from the UniqueID attributes list to the Available attributes list.
- Constructed UniqueID. Displays a combination of the attributes whose values will make up a unique identifier for each object in the external data system.
Specify password sync parameters for LDAP directory service
To synchronize passwords in an LDAP directory service connected to Synchronization Service through the Generic LDAP Connector, you must specify the following parameters:
To specify the target object type and attribute for storing passwords
- Click the Connection settings link below the LDAP directory service connection for which you want to specify the target object type and attribute for storing passwords.
- Open the Password tab.
- Make sure the Synchronize and manage passwords check box is selected.
- Use the Synchronize passwords for objects of this type option to specify the object type in LDAP directory service for which you want to synchronize passwords.
- Use the Store password in this attribute option to specify the attribute in which you want to store passwords.
- Click Save.