This method allows you to select specific steps in a sync workflow and run them. You can also specify how you want to commit the changes to the target data system: automatically or manually. With the manual method you can review a list of changes before committing them to decide whether or not you want these changes in the target system.
To run a sync workflow manually
- In the Synchronization Service Administration Console, open the Sync Workflows tab.
- Click the name of the sync workflow you want to run.
- Click Run now.
- Select the check boxes next to the sync workflow steps you want to run.
- If you want to automatically commit the changes made by the sync workflow run, select the Automatically commit changes check box. If you want to review the changes before committing them, leave this check box cleared.
- Click one of the following to run the sync workflow:
- Full Run. With this option, Synchronization Service retrieves the data required to run the sync workflow from the connected data systems.
- Quick Run. With this option, Synchronization Service first tries to run the sync workflow by using the data that is available in the local cache. If the local cache is missing or cannot be used to run the sync workflow, then Synchronization Service retrieves the required data from the connected data systems.