Directory Management allows you to browse for, and administer, directory objects in your organization. Your Active Roles permissions determine which tasks you can perform.
Directory Management provides the following views:
- Active Directory Lists Active Directory domains managed by Active Roles, allowing you to navigate through containers in those domains. You can view, filter and select objects held in the container, and apply commands to the selected object or container.
- Managed Units Lists Managed Units defined in Active Roles, allowing you to view objects, and navigate through containers, held in Managed Units. You can filter and select objects, and apply commands to the selected object or container.
For information on how to administer Active Directory objects, see Managing Active Directory objects later in this document.
Search provides a flexible, query-based mechanism that helps locate directory objects quickly and without browsing through the directory tree. You can select containers in the directory, and build a query by specifying search criteria. The Web Interface searches in the selected containers and all of their subcontainers, and lists the objects that match your search criteria. When the objects you target are returned as the results of a search query, you can then perform the necessary administrative tasks.
You can also save the queries that you build and use them again at a later time. The Web Interface saves queries as your personal views, with each view consisting of the containers and search criteria that you select, as well as the customized sorting and column information that you specify.
For instructions on how to perform a search, see Searching for directory objects later in this document.
Approval provides you with the tools for performing tasks related to approval workflow. You can use these tools to complete approval tasks assigned to you as an Approver, and to monitor the status of the operations that you initiated, if those require approval.
For details on how to perform approval tasks, see Using Approval Workflow later in this document.
By using Settings, you can specify:
- The language of the Web Interface pages
- The maximum number of objects displayed in single-page lists
- The maximum number of list items displayed on a single page in multi-page lists
- The maximum number of links to pages displayed for multi-page lists
- Maximum time in minutes, for which the notification is to be visible
- Maximum number of notifications to be stored in Active Roles
The settings are saved on a per-user basis in the configuration of the Web Interface site.
For more information, see Changing personal settings earlier in this document.