An access request session event with a (green dot) in the left-most column of the activity audit log report or Request Workflow dialog indicates that the session is "live". Clicking this button launches the Desktop Player allowing you to follow what is happening in the active session. Safeguard for Privileged Passwords also allows you to terminate an active session directly from the desktop player.
NOTE: You must have Security Policy Administrator permissions to follow an active session.
From the Request Workflow dialog or Activity Center activity audit log report click the (green dot) next to an access request session event.
NOTE:Security Policy Administrators can also launch the Safeguard Desktop Player from the Access Requests view. Select an access request session in the request grid and click the View Live Session toolbar button.
The Safeguard Desktop Player launches allowing you to watch the active session. On the Information page, the thumbnail (upper right) displays a blinking red recording button when a session is "live".
Use one of the following methods to follow the session:
- Click Play Channel from the toolbar at the top of the player.
- Click in the thumbnail in the upper right corner of the Information page.
- Click Play Channel next to a channel in the Channels pane.
- In the play back window, you will see a Terminate button and a Live indicator in the lower right corner.
- Click Terminate to stop the active session.
NOTE: You can also terminate an active session by revoking the session through the Windows desktop client.