To manually check, change, or set an account password
- Navigate to Administrative Tools | Accounts.
- In Accounts, select an account from the object list.
- Click Account Security from the toolbar. You can also right-click the account name to open the context menu.
Select one of these options:
- Check Passwordto verify the account password is in sync with the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords database. If the password verification fails, you can change it.
- Change Passwordto reset and synchronize the account password with the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords database.
- Set Passwordto set the account password in the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords database. The Set option does not change the account password on the asset.
Note: You can view the progress and results of the Check and Change options in the Toolbox | Tasks pane. For more information, see Viewing task status.
- The Set Password option provides the following two options.
- Click Generate Password to display the Generate Password dialog.
- Click Show Password to reveal the new password.
- Click Copy to put it into your copy buffer.
- log in to your device, using the old password, and change it to the password in your copy buffer.
- Click OK to change the password in the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords database or click Cancel to close the dialog without changing the current password in Safeguard for Privileged Passwords.
- Click Manual Password to display the Set Password dialog.
In the Set Password dialog, enter and confirm the password. Click OK to update the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords database.
- Set the account password on the physical device to synchronize it with the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords database.