Safeguard for Privileged Passwords allows you to schedule the generation of an activity audit log report, which will then be sent via email. The emailed report will be an attachment in the selected .csv or .json format.
To schedule an activity audit log report
- From the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords desktop Home page, select Activity Center.
- Specify the search criteria to be used to generate the desired report. For more information, see Applying search criteria.
- Click Schedule.
- If the Configure Email dialog displays, click Configure Email to add your email in the My Account dialog. (The email server must be configured in Safeguard for emails to be sent.)
- In the Schedule Report dialog, enter the following information:
- Name: Enter a name for the report.
- Description: Optionally, enter descriptive text for the report.
Send To: Read-only field displaying the email address of the user currently logged into the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords client. This field is required. If this field is blank, you must set your email address in My Account. For more information, see User information and log out (desktop client).
- Select a Report Format, which can be CSV or JSON. Different information may be returned based on whether you select CSV or JSON. For example, JSON includes details of accounts discovered and CSV includes only the count of accounts.
- Select the Detailed Report check box to generate a longer, more detailed report.
To set the schedule, select Run Every to run the job per the run details you enter. (If you deselect Run Every, the schedule details are lost.)
Configure the following.
To specify the frequency without start and end times, select from the following controls. If you want to specify start and end times, go to the Use Time Window selection in this section.
Enter a frequency for Run Every. Then, select a time frame:
- Minutes: The job runs per the frequency of minutes you specify. For example, Every 30 Minutes runs the job every half hour over a 24-hour period. It is recommended you do not use the frequency of minutes except in unusual situations, such as testing.
Hours: The job runs per the minute setting you specify. For example, if it is 9 a.m. and you want to run the job every two hours at 15 minutes past the hour starting at 9:15 a.m., select Runs Every 2 Hours @ 15 minutes after the hour.
Days: The job runs on the frequency of days and the time you enter.
For example, Every 2 Days Starting @ 11:59:00 PM runs the job every other evening just before midnight.
Weeks The job runs per the frequency of weeks at the time and on the days you specify.
For example, Every 2 Weeks Starting @ 5:00:00 AM and Repeat on these days with MON, WED, FRI selected runs the job every other week at 5 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Months: The job runs on the frequency of months at the time and on the day you specify.
For example, If you select Every 2 Months Starting @ 1:00:00 AM along with First Saturday of the month, the job will run at 1 a.m. on the first Saturday of every other month.
Select Use Time Windows if you want to enter the Start and End time. You can click Add or Remove to control multiple time restrictions. Each time window must be at least one minute apart and not overlap.
For example, for a job to run every ten minutes every day from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., enter these values:
Enter Every 10 Minutes and Use Time Windows:
- Start 10:00:00 PM and End 11:59:00 PM
Start 12:00:00 AM and End 2:00:00 AM
An entry of Start 10:00:00 PM and End 2:00:00 AM will result in an error as the end time must be after the start time.
If you have selected Days, Weeks, or Months, you will be able to select the number of times for the job to Repeat in the time window you enter.
For a job to run two times every other day at 10:30 am between the hours of 4 a.m. and 8 p.m., enter these values:
For days, enter Every 2 Days and set the Use Time Windows as Start 4:00:00 AM and End 8:00:00 PM and Repeat 2.
- (UTC) Coordinated Universal Time is the default time zone. Select a new time zone, if desired.
If the scheduler is unable to complete a task within the scheduled interval, when it finishes execution of the task, it is rescheduled for the next immediate interval.
- Click Schedule Report.