desktop client only
The Asset Administrator or a partition's delegated administrator defines the password sync group. An account can belong to only one password sync group. To assign sync groups and related accounts when adding the profile to a partition, see Creating a profile.
To create a password sync group
- Navigate to Administrative Tools | Settings | Password Management | Password Sync Groups.
Click Add to open the Password Sync Group dialog.
Click Browse to select a Profile. The Profile name displays.
NOTE: Multiple password sync groups can be added to a profile. The profile change schedule is applied to the sync group. The sync group controls the tasks to change the passwords for the accounts in the sync group. Change tasks occur in the order of password sync group account priority . For more information, see Password sync group account priority.
- Enter a Name of up to 100 characters.
- Enter a Description of up to 255 characters.
Click Add and select one or more Accounts to be synchronized.
The Accounts list displays with the following information about the account: Name, Parent, Service Account, Needs a Password ( if yes or if no), and Description. Click any columns to sort the accounts.
- Click OK. The following values display:
- Status: Displayed as if the password is not the same as the sync group, if the password is the same, or if the account is ignored and possibly should not be in the sync group.
- Priority: The default is priority 0 (the highest). To change the priority, double-click the Priority value, enter the new priority, and click OK. For more information, see Password sync group account priority.
- System Name: Name of the system (asset) assigned that is associated with the account.
- Account Name: Name of the account.
- Last Sync Time: The date and time of the last sync.
- Click OK.