The Security Policy Administrator can configure an access request policy to require a review of completed session requests for assets or accounts in the scope of the policy.
NOTE: You can configure Safeguard for Privileged Passwords to notify you of an access request that requires your review. For more information, see Configuring alerts.
Desktop Player User Guide
To download the player user guide, go to One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Sessions - Technical Documentation. Scroll to User Guide and click One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Sessions [version] Safeguard Desktop Player User Guide.
Select Reviews on the left of the page to manage reviews. On the Reviews page, you can:
- View details by selecting a request then looking at the details display on the right of the page, including the workflow.
- Mark one or more request as reviewed: Select the requests. Do the following:
- If no comment is needed, click Mark all the selected requests as reviewed.
- If a comment is needed, this icon will display as One or more of the selected requests requires review comments. Add the comment. Then, click Mark as Reviewed.
- Change the columns that display: Click Select columns to display then select the columns you want to see.
- Action: Displays This request requires review comments or Mark only this request as reviewed.
- Requester: Displays the user name of the requester.
- Access Type: Displays the type of access (for example, Password, SSH Key, RDP, SSH, or Telnet).
- Account: Displays the managed account name.
- Ticket Number: Displays the ticket number, if required.
- Request For/Duration: Displays the date and time as well as the window of availability (for example, March 20, 2021 9:56 AM 2 hours).
- Search: For more information, see Search box.
- From your Home page, the Reviews widget has these controls:
- Click (expand down) to open the list of pending reviews.
- Click Popout to float the Reviews pane.
You can then select and drag the pane to any location on the console and resize the window.
NOTE: You enable or disable the Home page widgets in the Settings (desktop client) menu.
- Open the list of pending reviews and select an account name to see the details of the sessions request.
Take the following action on sessions requests:
Select Workflow to review the transactions that took place in the selected request.
If Record Sessions is enabled in the policy, click Play on the Initialize Session event to play back the session.
A (green dot) indicates the session is live. A user with Security Policy Administrator permissions can click this icon to follow an active session.
If the session recording has been archived from the local Safeguard file system or was recorded prior to linking a Sessions Appliance, you will see a Download button instead of a Play button. Click Download to download the recording and then click Play.
CAUTION: If you receive a message like: No Desktop Player. The Safeguard Desktop Player is not installed. Would you like to install it now?, click Yes. See Installing the desktop client, Installing the Desktop Player, step 2.
If Enable Command Detection is enabled in the policy, expand to show the details and click the events link on the Initialize Session event to view a list of the commands and programs run during the session.
For an RDP session, the setting is Enable Windows Title Detection. When enabled, you can view a list of windows that were opened during the privileged session.
- Select Review to complete the review process.
Optionally, enter a comment of up to 255 characters.
Once the review is complete, it no longer appears on the Reviews pane.