Question and Answers profile settings allow you to define settings and requirements for user’s questions and answers. For example, you can prevent users from using the same answer for multiple questions. Questions and answers that do not comply with the policy will not be accepted.
For an overview of Q&A policy and profile settings, see Questions and Answers policy overview.
To configure Questions and Answers policy
Connect to the Administration site by typing the Administration site URL in the address bar of your web browser. By default, the URL is http://<ComputerName>/PM/Admin/.
- On the Administration site home page, click the Q&A Policy link under the Management Policy you want to configure.
- On the Configure Questions and Answers Policy page, click the Q&A profile settings link.
- In the Q&A Profile Settings dialog, specify the following options:
- Question Settings
Users must answer this number of optional questions to register: Set the required number of optional questions that a user must answer to create a Questions and Answers profile.
- Users must answer this number of user-defined questions to register: Set the required number of user-defined questions that a user must specify to create a Questions and Answers profile.
- Minimum length of user-defined questions: Set the least number of characters that user-defined questions can contain.
- Answer Settings
- Minimum length of answers: Set the least number of characters that users' answers can contain.
- Reject answers that contain corresponding questions: Select to prevent users from specifying answers that contain corresponding questions.
- Store answers using reversible encryption: Select to store users' answers using reversible encryption. If you do not select this check box, answers to secret questions (mandatory, optional, and user-defined) will be hashed using the hashing algorithm you specified when initializing the instance. If you want to change the hashing algorithm, you need to re-initialize the instance. For more information, see Instance Reinitialization . Note that answers to helpdesk questions are always stored using reversible encryption.
- Security Settings
- Allow users to hide their answers: Select this check box to allow users to hide their answers on the screen, so that answer entry fields will look like a series of asterisks.
- Hide users’ answers by default: Select this check box to have Password Manager display users' answers as asterisks while they are typing in their answers.
- Do not require users to confirm answers if answers are hidden: Select this check box to allow users to enter their answers only once, if answers are hidden.
- Question Settings
- Click Save.