Scenario 3: Synchronizing data between One Identity Manager Custom Target Systems and an Active Directory domain
Scenarios of use > Scenario 3: Synchronizing data between One Identity Manager Custom Target Systems and an Active Directory domain
Out of the box, One Identity Quick Connect Sync Engine includes the One Identity Manager connector, which allows you to access the One Identity Manager. In this scenario, the basic purpose for the Quick Connect One Identity Manager connector is to use the connector for target systems where there is no existing native One Identity Manager connector.
Administrators can create or configure multiple Custom Target Systems in One Identity Manager. Each Target System has entities such as User Accounts, Groups, Container Structure, and so on.
|NOTE: One Identity Manager does not have any specific table space for target systems that do not have a native One Identity Manager connector. The data synchronized is placed in the One Identity Manager tablespace where the tables starts with UNS.. and end with B, referred as UNS..B tables.|
The following scenario shows how to use the Quick Connect One Identity Manager Connector to synchronize data between One Identity Manager Custom Target Systems and Active Directory domain.
This scenario includes the following steps:
Step 1: Create connection to One Identity Manager
To create a new connection to One Identity Manager:
- In the Quick Connect Administration Console, open the Connections tab.
- Click Add connection, and then use the following options:
- Connection name. Type a descriptive name for the connection.
- Use the specified connector. Select One Identity Manager Connector.
- Click Next.
- On the Specify connection settings page, use the following options:
- Application Server URL. Specify the address of the One Identity Manager application server to which you want to connect.
- Authentication module. Identifies the One Identity Manager authentication module to be used to verify the connection’s user ID and password.
- User name. Specify the user ID for this connection.
- Password. Specify the password of the user ID for this connection.
- Test Connection. Click to verify the specified connection settings.
- Click Next.
Step 2: Configure One Identity Manager modules, Custom Target System and Container Information
|NOTE: The One Identity Manager target systems and One Identity Manager containers are applicable only for the Target System Base module.|
To select the One Identity Manager modules, Target Systems, and Containers:
- Select the required One Identity Manager modules.
- Select Target System Base module to synchronize data to One Identity Manager custom target systems (UNS..B tables). This enables you to select the target object types such as UNSAccountB, UNSGroupB, and so on.
- Select the required One Identity Manager target system, for example Azure.
- Select the required One Identity Manager container, for example Test AD.
- Click Finish to create a connection to One Identity Manager.
Step 3: Create Workflow for Provisioning
To create a workflow for provisioning data synchronization to One Identity Manager:
- Start the One Identity Quick Connect Administration Console.
- Open the Workflows tab, and then click Add workflow.
- Type a descriptive name, for example AD to D1IM Sync for the workflow being created, and then click OK to create the workflow.