Depending on how the Security Policy Administrator configured the policy, an SSH key release request will either require approval by one or more Safeguard for Privileged Passwords users, or be auto-approved. Depending on policy configuration, approval can be automatic or require the consent of one or more users which provides closer control over system accounts.
You can revoke a request between the time the requester views it and checks it in.
Any eligible approver can deny an SSH key release request after it has already been approved or auto-approved. Once disallowed, the requester will no longer have access to the SSH key, but they are given another opportunity to request that SSH key again. The requester receives an email notifying them that the request was denied.
Safeguard for Privileged Passwords can be configured to notify you of an SSH key release request that requires your approval. For more information, see Configuring alerts.
Click Approvals on the left of the page to manage approvals. On the Approvals page, you can:
- View details by selecting a request then looking at the details display on the right of the page.
- Approve one or more request: Select the requests. Then, click Approve all selected requests to approve all the requests you selected. Optionally, enter a comment.
- Deny one or more request: Select the requests. Then, click Deny all selected requests to deny all the requests you selected. Optionally, enter a comment.
- Change the columns that display: Click and select the columns you want to see. You can select columns including:
- Action: Displays Approve only this request and Deny only this request.
- Requester / Status: Displays the user name and the status of the approval (for example, Pending 1 approval).
- Asset / Access Type: Displays the name of the asset and the type of access (for example, Password, SSH Key, RDP, SSH, or Telnet).
- Account: Displays the managed account name.
- Ticket Number: Displays the ticket number, if required.
- Request For: Displays the date and time as well as the window of availability (for example, March 20, 2021 9:56 AM 2 hours).
- Search: For more information, see Search box.
- From your Home page, the Approvals widget has these controls:
- Select (expand down) to open the list of approvals.
- Select Popout to float the Approvals pane.
You can then select and drag the pane to any location on the console and resize the window.
NOTE: You enable or disable the Home page widgets in the Settings (desktop client) menu.
- Open the list of approvals and select one of the following view filters. The number indicates how many requests are in that state.
- All: SSH key release requests in all states.
- Pending: Requests that are waiting for approval.
- Approved: Requests that have been approved, but not yet available to the requester.
- Once you open the list, select the requester's name to see the details of the SSH key release request.
Take the following actions on SSH key release requests:
- Pending: Select to Approve or Deny an SSH key release request. Optionally, enter a comment of up to 255 characters.
- Pending Additional Approvers: Select to Deny an SSH key release request. Optionally, enter a comment of up to 255 characters.
- Approved: Select to Deny or Revoke an approved request.