In some instances, after performing a fresh installation of One Identity Manager on the workstation and completing the Database installation via the Configuration Wizard, some required modules were missing from One Identity Manager. Further investigation has revealed that this was due to the option, "Add more modules to selected edition", which was left unchecked in the installation wizard during the fresh installation step.
To add the missing modules, perform a re-installation of One Identity Manager and select the required modules from the additional module list after checking "Add more modules to selected edition".
After the installation has completed, the Designer front end tool will show the newly installed modules in Designer > configuration parameter > targetsystem. ADS and UNS is shown on targetsystem from the initial installation.
If the Configuration Wizard was not run after the re-installation, then skipping this step after the re-installation will result in the One Identity database still having the same setup as prior to the re-installation (e.g. still missing the added modules)
When Designer connects to the One Identity Database it retrieves the same modules (without the new modules intended to be added) from the Database. Hence to the end user these new modules may not seem installed from the Designer tool.
Configuration Wizard needs to be run after re-installation to add in the required modules. Before running the configuration wizard ensure that all front end tools are closed and the JobQueue and DBQueue are empty.
Follow the steps when Configuration Wizard is run:
1. Select "Update database" and click next
2. Select the database to update under "Select a database connection"
3. Ensure a backup is created of the database and check "Confirm that you have created a backup of the database"
4. Ensure database consistency checks are performed with no errors and check "Confirm that the database consistency checks run without errors".
5. Check "Add more modules" and click next
6. Select the configuration modules which are needed to be added to the database and click next
7. Follow the remaining instructions in the configuration wizard tool to update the database with the new modules
The modules are visible on the designer front end tool after completion of these changes.