Starting with version 8.1 One Identity Manager's DBCompiler offers two new compilation options for its new API server and HTML applications:
For these two options to work the compiler needs access to packages from the NPM repository. This concerns:
- The machine where the Configuration Wizard is running during One Identity Manager database installation or upgrade.
- Any machines where the database is compiled using DBCompiler or Designer.
In order to provide access to the packages the options are:
- Allow network access to the NPM repository website (registry.npmjs.org:443).
- Use npm_lazy cache server as described in Knowledge Article 306339, Installing IMX web applications in an offline environment with the npm_lazy cache server (recommended if network access is not possible).
- Use local-npm replicating from a machine with internet access, more details here: local-npm
- Use a different local registry such as Artifacts
- Create a local configuration for download via proxy. This requires local or user specific npm configuration. The default path for the former is %UserProfile%\.npmrc, e.g. c:\users\username\.npmrc, the default path for the latter is %ProgramData%\nodejs\node-
- Download NPM packages via proxy.
For more information regarding configuration of npm, please refer to The npm config files.