Moving an Organizational Unit
To move an OU, right-click the OU, and click Move. In the Move dialog box, select the container to which you want to move the OU.
|NOTE: The console provides the drag-and-drop function for moving objects. To move an OU, you can drag it to a destination container in the console tree.
Steps for moving an Organizational Unit
To move an Organizational Unit
- In the console tree, locate the Organizational Unit you want to move.
- Right-click the Organizational Unit, and then click Move to display the Move dialog box.
- In the Move dialog box, select the folder to which you want to move the Organizational Unit, and then click OK.
- With Active Roles, Organizational Units, as well as other directory objects, can only be moved within the same domain. This means that the destination folder must belong to the same domain as the Organizational Unit you want to move.
- You can move an Organizational Unit by using the drag-and-drop feature: To move an Organizational Unit, drag it from the details pane to the destination container in the console tree.
Deleting an Organizational Unit
To delete an OU, right-click the OU, and click Delete. If the OU contains any objects, the Delete Objects dialog box appears. You can delete the OU and all objects it contains: select the Apply to all items check box, and click Yes.
Steps for deleting an Organizational Unit
To delete an Organizational Unit
- In the console tree, locate the Organizational Unit you want to delete.
- Right-click the Organizational Unit, and click Delete.
- If the selected Organizational Unit contains other objects, the console prompts you to confirm the deletion of the objects within the Organizational Unit. You can cancel the deletion of the Organizational Unit if you do not want to delete the objects it contains. Another option is to delete the Organizational Unit along with all the objects it contains.
- When deleting an Organizational Unit, you may encounter an error message stating that access is denied. A possible cause of this error is that the Organizational Unit is protected from deletion. To delete a protected Organizational Unit, you should first go to the Object tab in the Properties dialog box for that Organizational Unit, and clear the Protect object from accidental deletion check box.