Set up console access by role
After you Configure Console for Active Directory Logon, the setup wizard displays the Set up console access by role dialog.
To add Active Directory users or groups to the console access list
- On the Set up console access by role dialog, click Add to specify the Active Directory users and groups that you want to have access to the features available in Management Console for Unix.
- On the Select Users and Groups dialog, use the search controls to find and select Active Directory users or groups. Select one or more objects from the list and click OK.
The mangement console adds the selected objects to the list on the Set up console access by role dialog.
By default the mangement console assigns users to All Roles, which gives those accounts permissions to access and perform all tasks within the console. (See Console Roles and Permissions system settings for details.)
- Click in the Roles cell to activate a drop-down menu from which you can choose a role for the user account.
Note: During the initial set up, you can only assign one role per user. Add additional roles to a user in System Settings. See Adding (or Removing) role members for details.
- Click Next to save your selections.
The Identify Console dialog opens.
The setup wizard displays the Identify Console dialog during the post-installation configuration steps. The Authentication Services Control Center uses this information to identify this mangement console. Hosts configured for automatic profiling or automatic QAS agent status also use this information to contact the mangement console server.
To identify the mangement console
On the Identify Console dialog, modify the information about this mangement console, if necessary, and click Next to open the Set supervisor password dialog.
Note: You can modify these settings from Settings | System settings | General | Console Information. See Console Information settings for details.
Set Supervisor Password dialog
The supervisor account is the default account for accessing all features of the mangement console. The supervisor is a member of all roles and no permissions can be removed from supervisor. However, the supervisor does not have Active Directory credentials and therefore is blocked from performing Active Directory tasks.
To set the supervisor password
- On the Set supervisor password dialog, enter a password for the supervisor account and click Next.
The Summary dialog displays.
- To log on using the console supervisor account, use supervisor as the user name.
Note: The supervisor is the only account that has rights to change the supervisor account password in System Settings. See Reset the supervisor password for details.
To complete the Management Console for Unix Setup wizard
- On the Summary dialog, click Finish.
The Management Console for Unix log-in screen opens.