desktop client only
It is the responsibility of the Asset Administrator to configure registered connectors.
To add a registered connector
IMPORTANT: Before adding a registered connector, read the Starling Connect documentation for instructions on configuring the connector within Starling Connect for use with Safeguard for Privileged Passwords. The connectors currently available for use with Safeguard for Privileged Passwords are listed in the Starling Connect documentation.
- Navigate to Administrative Tools | Settings | Asset Management | Registered Connectors.
- Click Add.
- These fields display:
- Registered Connectors: Select the connector (already configured in Starling Connect) to register with Safeguard for Privileged Passwords.
- Starling Connector Version: Select the version for the Starling connector.
- Display: Enter a display name for the connector.
- Visible To All Partitions: Select this check box to make the registered connector visible to all partitions.
- Visible To Partitions: Available when Visible To All Partitions is not selected, use this section to define which partitions this registered connector will be visible to:
- (Add): Use this button to add a new partition.
- (Remove): Use this button to remove a previously selected partition.
To add the registered connector, click OK.
The connector will now be registered as a platform and be available as a platform type in the definition of an asset.
IMPORTANT: When using a registered connector with Safeguard for Privileged Passwords, there may be additional considerations involved when configuring certain functionalities. For example, Azure AD uses throttling to limit the number of password changes that can occur within a set period of time. This can mean errors are reported within Safeguard for Privileged Passwords when a large number of accounts associated with a registered Azure AD connector are all scheduled to automatically update their passwords due to their password management settings.