- Log in to the desktop client using the Appliance Administrator account.
Navigate to Settings | Appliance | Networking and set the following:
- IP Address
- Default Gateway
- DNS Servers
- Ensure the access request as well as password and SSH key management features are enabled (Settings | Access Request | Enable or Disable Services). For more information, see Enable or disable access request and services.
- (Optional) Enable or disable Application to Application (A2) and audit data sharing with Safeguard for Privileged Sessions (SPS) via Settings | Appliance | Enable or Disable Services. For more information, see Enable or disable A2A and audit log stream .
- Configure the External Integration settings that apply (Settings | External Integration):
- Email: Configure the SMTP server to be used for email notifications. Safeguard for Privileged Passwords provides default email templates for most events, which can be customized. For more information, see Email.
- Identity and Authentication: Configure directory services such as Active Directory and LDAP servers to be used as identity and authentication providers for Safeguard for Privileged Passwords users. Configure Safeguard for Privileged Passwords as a relying party that uses SAML 2.0 to integrate with external federation services to authenticate users. Create a RADIUS server to be used as a primary or secondary authentication provider. For more information, see Identity and Authentication.
- SNMP: Configure SNMP subscriptions for sending SNMP traps to your SNMP console when certain events occur. For more information, see SNMP.
- Starling: Join Safeguard for Privileged Passwords to Starling to take advantage of other Starling services, such as Starling Two-Factor Authentication. For more information, see Starling.
- Syslog: Configure the syslog servers where event notifications are to be sent. For more information, see Syslog.
- Ticket Systems: Add external ticketing tracking system or track tickets not tied to an external ticketing system. For more information, see Ticketing systems.