One Identity Starling
17 July 2019
These release notes provide information about the 17 July 2019 One Identity Starling release.
About this release
One Identity Starling helps to combine products from the One Identity line to create a secure and customizable cloud service. Administrators use the Starling site to create a new organization, register new accounts, add services to their organization, and gain secure access to those services.
Starling 17 July 2019 is a general release.
New features in the 17 July 2019 release of Starling:
- There are no new features for this release. See below for information regarding new features in previous releases.
The following were new features in previous releases of Starling.
- European Union data center deployment available – New Starling organizations are now able to select between using the European Union or United States data centers. The European Union data center currently only supports the Starling Connect service.
- Identity Manager 8.1 – The latest version of Identity Manager is eligible to use the One Identity Hybrid Subscription service.
- Authentication Services 4.2 – The latest version of Authentication Services is eligible to use the One Identity Hybrid Subscription service.
- One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Sessions 5.10 – The latest version of One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Sessions is eligible to use the One Identity Hybrid Subscription service.
- Starling Governance Access Certification (Technical Preview) – Related to the One Identity Hybrid Subscription, the Starling Governance Access Certification (Technical Preview) service is used for uploading data from One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords (which is connected to Starling using One Identity Hybrid Subscription) in order to run a campaign which allows you to make decisions regarding whether or not the correct permissions are currently in effect. The Starling Governance Access Certification service is only available as a technical preview at this time.
- Support page – A new page is available that provides access to support resources.
- Starling Connect – The Starling Connect service is now available for trial or purchase.
- Access Summary page – This page replaces and expands on the now deprecated Users page. It is available to organization administrators for viewing and managing the users, clients, and products associated with your organization.
- Managing Organization Admins page – Starling organization roles are now managed on a new page.
- Active Roles 7.3 – The latest version of Active Roles is eligible to use the One Identity Hybrid Subscription service.
The following is a list of features that are no longer supported for Starling.
- There were no deprecated features for the 17 July 2019 release. See below for information regarding deprecated features in previous releases.
- Users page: The Users page was removed as part of changes to how Starling provides insight into accounts and how it assigns organization level permissions.
The following is a list of issues addressed in this release.
- There were no resolved issues. See below for information regarding resolved issues in previous releases.
The following issues were resolved in previous releases of Starling.
Table 1: General resolved issues
Certain symbols are unavailable for use when creating a password for a new account (for example: @). If a symbol that is currently unavailable is used there will be an invalid password notice.
Table 2: General resolved issues
|The search box on the Access Summary page is case sensitive for Starling Two-Factor Authentication accounts. Searches for Starling Identity Analytics & Risk Intelligence accounts are not case sensitive.
Table 3: General resolved issues
When creating a new organization, work accounts that click Sign in without filling in the registration fields will be redirected to an error page.