One Identity Starling
6 November 2019
These release notes provide information about the 6 November 2019 One Identity Starling release.
About this release
One Identity Starling helps to combine products from the One Identity line to create a secure and customizable cloud service. Administrators use the Starling site to create a new organization, register new accounts, add services to their organization, and gain secure access to those services.
Starling 6 November 2019 is a general release.
New features in the 6 November 2019 release of Starling:
- Access Certification technical preview ending – The technical preview of Access Certification is concluding. New subscriptions are no longer available.
The following were new features in previous releases of Starling.
- European Union data center deployment available – New Starling organizations are now able to select between using the European Union or United States data centers. The European Union data center currently only supports the Starling Connect service.
- Identity Manager 8.1 – The latest version of Identity Manager is eligible to use the One Identity Hybrid Subscription service.
- Authentication Services 4.2 – The latest version of Authentication Services is eligible to use the One Identity Hybrid Subscription service.
- One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Sessions 5.10 – The latest version of One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Sessions is eligible to use the One Identity Hybrid Subscription service.
- Starling Governance Access Certification (Technical Preview) – Related to the One Identity Hybrid Subscription, the Starling Governance Access Certification (Technical Preview) service is used for uploading data from One Identity Safeguard for Privileged Passwords (which is connected to Starling using One Identity Hybrid Subscription) in order to run a campaign which allows you to make decisions regarding whether or not the correct permissions are currently in effect. The Starling Governance Access Certification service is only available as a technical preview at this time.
The following is a list of features that are no longer supported for Starling.
- Access Certification new preview subscriptions: You are unable to add a technical preview subscription for Access Certification and information related to the service has also been removed from the Access Summary page.
The following is a list of issues addressed in this release.
- There were no resolved issues. See below for information regarding resolved issues in previous releases.
The following issues were resolved in previous releases of Starling.
Table 1: General resolved issues
Certain symbols are unavailable for use when creating a password for a new account (for example: @). If a symbol that is currently unavailable is used there will be an invalid password notice.