In order you could use a connector remotely, you need to install it on:
- The remote computer on which you have deployed the Connector Access Service.
- The computer on which you plan to use the Quick Connect Administration Console to create connections.
For instructions on installing a connector, see the documentation supplied with the Quick Connect connector pack that includes the connector.
Before creating a new connection, make sure you deploy the connector as described in Steps to deploy a remote connector.
To create a connection using a remote connector
- Start the Quick Connect Administration Console.
- On the Connections tab, click Add connection.
- In the Connection name text box, type a descriptive name for the connection.
- From the Use the specified connector list, select the connector you want to use.
- Click to expand the Remote connector access element, and then use the following options:
- Use remote connector. Select this check box to use the connector installed on a remote computer.
- Connector host. Type the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the computer on which the remote connector is installed.
- Port. Type the port number on which you want the One Identity Quick Connect Sync Engine to access the remote connector. By default, this is port 8080.
- Connect using. Specify an account under which to access the remote connector. The account must be a local administrator on the computer where the remote connector is installed. Select one of the following:
- Quick Connect Service account. Allows you to access the remote connector using the account under which the Quick Connect Service is running on the One Identity Quick Connect Sync Engine computer.
- Windows account. Allows you to type the user name and password of the account with which you want to access the remote connector.
Step through the wizard to complete the connection creation.
- Verify Settings. Click this button to verify that One Identity Quick Connect Sync Engine can access the remote connector using the settings you have specified.
For more information on other options available in the wizard, see the documentation for the connector you use.
To create a connection
- In the Quick Connect Administration Console, open the Connections tab.
- Click Add connection.
- On the wizard page that opens, use the following options:
- Connection name. Type a descriptive name for the connection being created.
- Use the specified connector. From this list, select the connector you want to use.
- Remote connector access. Expand this element to specify settings to access the connector installed on a remote computer. For more information, see Using remote connectors.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to create a connection.
For information on the options you can use in the subsequent steps of the wizard, see the documentation for the Quick Connect package that includes the connector you have selected.