Depending on how the Security Policy Administrator configured the policy, an API key release request will either require approval by one or more Safeguard for Privileged Passwords users, or be auto-approved. Depending on policy configuration, approval can be automatic or require the consent of one or more users which provides closer control over system accounts.
You can revoke a request between the time the requester views it and checks it in.
Any eligible approver can deny an API key release request after it has already been approved or auto-approved. Once disallowed, the requester will no longer have access to the API key, but they are given another opportunity to request that API key again. The requester receives an email notifying them that the request was denied.
Safeguard for Privileged Passwords can be configured to notify you of an API key release request that requires your approval. For more information, see Configuring alerts.
To approve or deny an API key release request
Click Approvals on the left of the page to manage approvals. On the Approvals page, you can:
- View details by selecting a request then looking at the details display on the right of the page.
- Approve one or more request: Select the requests. Then, click Approve all selected requests to approve all the requests you selected. Optionally, enter a comment.
- Deny one or more request: Select the requests. Then, click Deny all selected requests to deny all the requests you selected. Optionally, enter a comment.
- Change the columns that display: Click and select the columns you want to see. You can select columns including:
- Action: Displays Approve only this request and Deny only this request.
- Requester / Status: Displays the user name and the status of the approval (for example, Pending 1 approval).
- Asset / Access Type: Displays the name of the asset and the type of access (for example, Password, SSH Key, RDP, SSH, API Key, or Telnet).
- Account: Displays the managed account name.
- Ticket Number: Displays the ticket number, if required.
- Requested For: Displays the date and time as well as the window of availability (for example, March 20, 2021 9:56 AM 2 hours).
- Search: For more information, see Search box.