Specify connection settings
This expandable item provides the following options that allow you to modify the connection settings:
- SQL Server. Type or select the name of the SQL Server computer that hosts the database you want to participate in data synchronization operations.
- Access SQL Server using. Select an access option:
- Use Windows authentication. Allows you to access the SQL Server in the security context of the account under which the Synchronization Service is running.
- Use SQL Server authentication. Allows you to access the SQL Server in the security context of the SQL Server user account whose user name and password you specify below this option.
- Connect to database. Type the name of the database to which you want to connect.
- Test Connection. Click this button to verify the specified connection settings.
Specify how to select and modify data
This expandable item provides the following options that allow you to specify how to select and modify the data you want to participate in the synchronization:
- Use data from this table. Allows you to select a database table that includes the data you want to participate in the synchronization operations. You can click Preview to preview the database table you have selected.
- Use an SQL query to specify data. Allows you to compose an SQL query that provides a more flexible way for specifying the data for synchronization. For example, you can use this option to specify multiple database tables.
- Configure Settings. Click this button to specify settings for modifying data in the connected system during synchronization operations. For example, you can specify the database tables in which you want to insert, update, or delete data during synchronization operations.
Allows you to configure the execution timeout for all SQL queries you specified in the connection settings (for example, those specified in the Specify How to Select and Modify Data option). Use the SQL query execution timeout box to type the timeout value you want to use.
Specify attributes to identify objects
This expandable item provides the following options that allow you to specify the attributes with which you want to uniquely identify each object in the connected data system:
- Available attributes. Lists the attributes that are available in the external data system. Use this list to select the attributes whose values you want to use to generate a unique identifier for each object in the external data system. You can filter attributes by typing in the text box at the top of this list. To select multiple attributes, hold down CTRL and click to select attributes in the list.
- UniqueID attributes. Lists the attributes whose values are currently used to generate a unique identifier for each object in the external data system.
- Add->. Moves the selected attributes from the Available attributes list to the UniqueID attributes list.
- <-Remove. Moves the selected attributes from the UniqueID attributes list to the Available attributes list.
- Constructed UniqueID. Displays a combination of the attributes whose values will make up a unique identifier for each object in the external data system.