To select a web project and an authentication module
- Select the project you want to use in the web application in Web project.
NOTE: Normally, login data for the subproject of the selected web project is entered separately. If the subproject is missing authentication data, a message and a button are displayed.
- Select the module you want in Authentication module.
NOTE: This module is the main authentication module used for authentication employees. Some module support single sign-on. In such cases, a corresponding message is shown beneath selection. If you selected an authentication module which does not support single sign-on, you can select another module for manual login.
- Enable the check box Debugging if you want to use the debugging environment.
- Enter the client ID in Client ID for OAuth authentication if you want to implement this authentication method.
NOTE: The web application is identified automatically with OAuth authentication.
To enter or change authentication data for a sub project
- Click the button next to Authentication for sub projects is missing.
This open the dialog box Authentication data.
- Mark the project marked in red in the edit window.
The Authentication method is enabled and can be edited.
- Click System user to select another authentication method if necessary.
- Enter the login data User and Password.
- Click Save login.
- Click OK.
The Log section is subdivided into the following views:
- General known issues
- Application log
- Event log
- Database log
In the General view, you see general information about your web application, which you can edit in text boxes. This information is:
- Application - the name of your web application
- Company name - the name of the company using the web application
- Product name - the name of the software producer
- Log directory - the directory where your web application saves log files. The web server process must have write access to this folder.
In the Application log view, you can make the following settings:
- Severity: Options from Off to Trace are possible here. This filter control which messages are written to the log file.
- Archive every: Here you can set how often the application log is saved. Settings rang from None to Minutes.
- Archive numbering: Here you can set whether archive data for the application log is numbered in ascending or descending order.
The following settings are available to you in the Event log view:
- Severity: As already mentioned in Application log, you specify here which messages are written to the log file.
The Database log view only logs processing of database queries. The following settings are available:
- Severity: As already mentioned in Application log, you specify here which messages are written to the log file. Options from Off to Trace are possible here.
- Archive every: Here you can set how often the database log is saved. Settings rang from None to Minutes.
- Archive numbering: Here you can set whether archive data for the database log is numbered in ascending or descending order.
NOTE: If you enable automatic application updates, the configuration parameter "Common\Autoupdate" must be set in addition to the the function Enable automatic updates.
To update a web application automatically
- Enable Enable automatic updates.
- Select between the options.
- Use IIS permissions for updating.
- Use a special account for updating
If you have selected the option Use other credentials for updates, enter additional information in the following fields.
Table 48: Information Required using other Update Credentials.
Active Directory user account's domain.
||TIP: If you want to use a local user account, enter . or the computer name as domain.|
||Name of the Active Directory user account.|
||Password of the Active Directory user account.|
||Repeated input of the password.|
This is the Web settings section of the Web Designer Configuration Editor.
To make changes in the "Web settings" section
- Select the product to be configured from Product.
- Enter the information you want in HTML headers.
- Select which page is shown after logging off, in After logging off.
- Enter idle time after the session has expired in Close session after idle time (minutes).
NOTE: Enter the value 0 if you want the session to remain open despite being idle.
- Enable the check box Compressed HTTP transfer.
HTTP compression takes place with this setting.