Use the Appliance Information option on the Recovery Kiosk to view basic appliance information and edit the IP addresses.
If you are using Azure, configure the SPP VM with a static IP address in Azure. If you need to change the IP address of the Safeguard appliance, or if it changes due to dynamic configuration in Azure, and the appliance is part of a cluster, the appliance will automatically reset to Standalone Read-only mode on the next boot (effectively leaving the cluster). The Administrator can join the appliance back to the cluster.
To view or edit the appliance information
- From the Recovery Kiosk, select the Appliance Information option.
Right-arrow to see:
- Appliance State: The appliance's current state.
- Uptime: The amount of time (hours and minutes) the appliance has been running.
- MGMT (not used Azure): The management host's network interface properties, including the MAC address and IPv4 (and optionally IPv6) properties.
- X0: The network interface properties for the primary interface that connects your appliance to the network, including the MAC address and IPv4 (and optionally IPv6) properties.
- To change the network properties for the primary interface (XO), click Edit next to the appropriate heading. Clicking Edit displays the network interface properties which can be modified. If you are using Azure, the IP address cannot be changed.
After editing the network interface properties, click Submit.
Once the updates are completed, a Network interface update request accepted message is displayed.