Perform the following steps to add the Telephone number field on the Web page for user creation.
To add the field to the form for user account creation
- Connect to the Web Interface for Administrators: Open your Web browser and navigate to http://localhost/ARWebAdmin.
- On the Web Interface Home page, click Customization.
- On the Customization page that appears, click Customization Tasks.
This displays a list of object types. Each object type is linked with a list of commands, referred to as a menu. When you manage an object in the Web Interface, the menu linked with the type of that object provides the commands to perform management tasks. Since you want to customize the behavior of the user creation command, you should access the menu containing that command—the menu linked with the Container object type.
- In the list of object types, click Container.
- In the list of commands, click New User.
- In the right pane of the Web Interface page, click Edit Form.
In the Web Interface, the user creation task is divided into a series of steps. Therefore the form includes several tabs, with each tab being used to perform a particular step. You are going to add a field to the General tab.
- On the toolbar in the Form Editor, point to Add Entry and click Create.
- In the list of properties, click Telephone Number. Click Next.
- Specify Telephone number as the entry name, and click Finish.
This displays the entries disposed on the General tab. The tab now includes the Telephone number entry. For these changes to take effect, they must be saved, and then the Web Interface configuration data must be reloaded.
- Click Save, and then click Reload on the message bar that appears at the top of the Form Editor page.