- Appliance information (Recovery Kiosk): Allows you to view basic appliance information.
- Power options: These options allow you to remotely restart or shut down the appliance.
- Admin password reset: Allows you to reset the Bootstrap Administrator's password to its initial value.
Factory reset from the Recovery Kiosk: Allows you to recover from major problems or to clear the data and configuration settings on the appliance.
Factory reset is not available for virtual appliances. Virtual appliances are backed up and can be recovered. For more information, see Virtual appliance backup and recovery.
Caution: Care should be taken when performing a factory reset against a physical appliance, because this operation removes all data and audit history, returning it to its original state when it first came from the factory. Performing a factory reset will NOT reset the BMC/IPMI interface or the IP address. However, the BMC/IPMI interface will need to be reenabled after the reset has completed (for more information, see Lights Out Management (BMC)).The appliance must go through configuration again as if it had just come from the factory. For more information, see Setting up Safeguard for Privileged Passwords for the first time.
In addition, performing a factory reset may change the default SSL certificate and default SSH host key.
The appliance resets to the current Long Term Support (LTS) version. For example, if you are using version 6.6 (feature release) or 6.0.6 LTS (maintenance Long Term Support release) and then factory reset, you appliance will reset down to 6.0 LTS and you will have to patch up to your current version. For more information, see Long Term Support (LTS) and Feature Releases.
- Support bundle: Allows you to generate and send a support bundle to a Windows share.
To start the Recovery Kiosk
On the terminal or laptop running the Recovery Kiosk, you must configure your serial port settings as follows:
- Connect a serial cable from a laptop or terminal to the serial port on the back of the appliance marked with |0|0|.
On the laptop or terminal, configure the serial port settings as follows:
- Speed: 115200
- Data bits: 8
- Parity: None
- Stop bit: 1
These options display on the Recovery Kiosk screen:
- Appliance Information
- Shut Down
- Admin Password Reset
- Factory Reset (Not available for virtual appliances.)
- Support Bundle
- Use the up-arrow and down-arrow to select one of these options.
- Use the right-arrow to initiate the option.
- Use the left-arrow to return to the option.
Kiosk keyboard shortcuts
Safeguard for Privileged Passwords provides these keyboard shortcuts. If you make the window too small to accommodate the kiosk elements, Safeguard for Privileged Passwords tells you how to readjust the window size.
Ctrl + D: Resets the kiosk to its original state. Clears challenges and options.
Caution: When resetting the Bootstrap Administrator's password or performing a factory reset, if you reset the kiosk before you receive the response from One Identity Support, you must submit a new challenge.
- Ctrl + R: Redraws the kiosk to fit a resized window. If you resize the window, press Ctrl + R to reorganize the kiosk elements to fit properly into the newly-sized window.