By default, Email user if workflow succeeds and Email user if workflow fails activities are included in every self-service and helpdesk workflow. These activities contain predefined notification templates that correspond to a workflow. For example, user notification activities in the Reset Password workflow offer templates about successful/failed password reset.
The notification templates are available in 17 languages: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
By default, for each user notification activity included in the default workflow configuration 17 languages are available: English as the default language and the others as additional languages. You can also select more additional languages by clicking the Add new language link in the notification activity dialog box.
The language of notification corresponds to the language of a user’s Q&A profile. If the Q&A profile is configured in a language that is not included in the list of languages available for Password Manager email notifications, the user will receive the notification in the default language.
|IMPORTANT: Predefined notification templates in 17 languages are available for user notifications only (Email user if workflow succeeds and Email user if workflow fails activities).|
You can customize email notification messages distributed by Password Manager to meet specific requirements in your organization. The notifications are sent either in plain text or as HTML.
To modify user email notifications
- Open the user notification activity included in the workflow.
Select either to customize the e-mail template or use from general settings section. If you choose to select Use email template from general settings section, the user receives email in default template from general setting section.
- To customize, edit the subject and body of the notification template in the default language as required. When editing the notification template, you can use the parameters available in the notification editor, for example #USER_ACCOUNT_NAME#, #WORKFLOW_RESULT#, and others.
- To edit the notification message template in the available additional languages, click the language link in the Additional languages list.
- Click the Add new language link to select more languages for the notification message.
- In the Message format box, select the format to use for the notifications. You can select from two options: either HTML or Plain Text.
- Verify the changes you have made by sending a test message. Click the Test notification settings button and enter the email address for a test email notification and select the notification language.
- Click Save.