This section includes the information on how to configure Password Manager for use with Quest Enterprise Single Sign-On (QESSO). To implement the guidance in this section, you must have a working knowledge of Quest Enterprise Single Sign-On (QESSO).
Quest Enterprise Single Sign-on is a solution that provides users with the ability to access all applications on their desktop using a single user ID and password. After users have logged in, they can access password-protected applications on their desktop without the need to enter any further account details.
If an application requires login name and password to be entered, QESSO will remember the entered details. When the application is next started, QESSO will automatically enter the required login name and password.
The account details for password-protected applications are encrypted by using user logon password. When user resets or changes this password, the encrypted data is lost. To prevent data loss, Password Manager should be configured to notify QESSO about password changes and QESSO will re-encrypt the data using new password.
- Run the QESSO Client 32-bit or 64-bit wizard on the server where Password Manager resides. The wizard is located on the Individual Components tab of QESSO Autorun CD.
- Follow the wizard instructions.
- Install at least one of the following QESSO components on the server running a Password Manager instance:
- Advanced Login
- Enterprise SSO Console
- Restart the Password Manager Service.
- On the Administration site, open workflows for which you want to configure integration with QESSO. QESSO integration settings can be found in the following activities:
- In required activities, select the Enable QESSO integration check box.
- Provide the account details for the QESSO administrator to be used for password resets.
- Click OK.