Select the description of the Account Discovery job desired and the details of the configuration display.
Click Add to add a job or Edit to edit the job. You can click the drop-down and select Do not perform account discovery.
||The partition in which to manage the discovered assets or accounts. |
||The type platform, for example, Windows, Unix, or Directory.|
The directory for account discovery.
Click Schedule to control the job schedule.
Select Run Every to run the job along per the run details you enter. (If you clear Run Every, the schedule details are lost.)
Configure the following.
To specify the frequency without start and end times, select from the following controls. If you want to specify start and end times, go to the Use Time Window selection in this section.
- Minutes: The job runs per the frequency of minutes you specify. For example, Every 30 Minutes runs the job every half hour over a 24-hour period. It is recommended you do not use the frequency of minutes except in unusual situations, such as testing.
Hours: The job runs per the minute setting you specify. For example, if it is 9 a.m. and you want to run the job every two hours at 15 minutes past the hour starting at 9:15 a.m., select Runs Every 2 Hours @ 15 minutes after the hour.
Days: The job runs on the frequency of days and the time you enter.
For example, Every 2 Days Starting @ 11:59:00 PM runs the job every other evening just before midnight.
Weeks The job runs per the frequency of weeks at the time and on the days you specify.
For example, Every 2 Weeks Starting @ 5:00:00 AM and Repeat on these days with MON, WED, FRI selected runs the job every other week at 5 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Months: The job runs on the frequency of months at the time and on the day you specify.
For example, If you select Every 2 Months Starting @ 1:00:00 AM along with First Saturday of the month, the job will run at 1 a.m. on the first Saturday of every other month.
Select Use Time Windows if you want to enter the Start and End time. You can click add or - delete to control multiple time restrictions. Each time window must be at least one minute apart and not overlap.
For example, for a job to run every ten minutes every day from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., enter these values:
Enter Every 10 Minutes and Use Time Windows:
If you have selected Days, Weeks, or Months, you will be able to select the number of times for the job to Repeat in the time window you enter.
For a job to run two times every other day at 10:30 am between the hours of 4 a.m. and 8 p.m., enter these values:
For days, enter Every 2 Days and set the Use Time Windows as Start 4:00:00 AM and End 20:00:00 PM and Repeat 2.
- Time Zone: Select the time zone.
You may click Add, Delete, Edit, or Copy to update the Rules grid.
Details about the selected account discovery setting rules may include the following based on the type of asset.
- Name: Name of the discovery job
- Rule Type: What the search is based on. For example, the rule may be Name based or Property Constraint based if the search is based on account properties. For more information, see Adding an Account Discovery rule.
- Filter Search Location: If a directory is searched, this is the container within the directory that was searched.
- Auto Manage: A check mark displays if discovered accounts are automatically added to Safeguard for Privileged Passwords.
- Set default password: A check mark displays if the rule causes default passwords to be set automatically.
- Assign to Profile: The partition profile assigned
- Assign to Sync Group: A check mark displays if the rule automatically associated the accounts with a password sync group.
- Enable Password Request: A check mark displays if the passwords is available for release.
- Enable Session Request: A check mark displays if session access is enabled.