You can configure the Approval activity to specify how the approval tasks created by that activity are to be identified in the Approval section of the Web Interface. The Approval section contains a list of approval tasks, with each task identified by a header that provides basic information about the task, including the title of the task and information about the target object of the operation that is subject to approval. The title of the task is located in the middle of the task’s header. The properties that identify the operation target object are displayed above the title of the task.
- Display this title to identify the approval task. When performing the approval task, the approver will see this instruction on the page intended to review, supply or change the properties that are subject to the approval task. You can supply an instruction on how to perform the task.
- Display these properties of the object submitted for approval. These properties will be displayed in the task's header area on the pages for performing the approval task. You can add properties to help the approver identify the target object of the operation submitted for approval.
- Display the operation summary in the task header area. This option extends the approval task’s header area to provide summary information about the changes that are subject to approval, including the type of the changes and the reason for the changes.
You can configure the Approval activity to specify the actions the approver can take on the approval task. On the pages for performing the approval task, in the Approval section of the Web Interface, the task header contains the action buttons that are intended to apply the appropriate resolution to the task, such as Approve or Reject. The action buttons are located at the bottom of the header area. Which buttons are displayed depends upon configuration of the Approval activity.
The pages for configuring an Approval activity in the Active Roles console provide the following customization options related to the action buttons:
- Customize action buttons. Action buttons appear on the pages for performing the approval task. Each button applies a certain action to the task. Normally, two built-in buttons, titled Approve and Reject by default, are displayed for each approval task. Other buttons may be displayed depending on the configuration of the approval activity. You can add buttons to create custom actions. Depending on the button’s action type, clicking a custom action button causes the workflow to allow (Complete action type) or deny (Reject action type) the operation that is subject to approval. If-Else activities can refer to a custom action button by the button’s title and elect the appropriate branch of the workflow when the approver clicks that custom action button.
- Show this instruction for action buttons. You can use this option to supply an instruction on how to use action buttons. The approver will see this instruction above the action buttons on the pages for performing the approval task.
- Suppress the confirmation dialog upon completion of approval task. If this option is not selected, Active Roles requests the approver to fill in a confirmation dialog box every time the approver performs an approval task. You can select this option to prevent the confirmation dialog box from appearing so that the approver can complete the task without having to supply a reason for the completion of the task.