View the state of the Administration Service
On the Administration Service page in the Configuration Center main window, you can view the state of the Administration Service, such as:
- Ready for use Administration Service is running and ready to process client requests.
- Getting ready Administration Service has just started and is preparing to process client requests.
- Stopping Administration Service is preparing to stop.
- Stopped Administration Service is stopped.
- Unknown Unable to retrieve the state information.
Start, stop or restart the Administration Service
You can start, stop or restart the Administration Service by clicking the Start, Stop or Restart button at the top of the Administration Service page in the Configuration Center main window. If the function of a given button is not applicable to the current state of the Administration Service, the button is unavailable.
Web Interface management tasks
After installing Active Roles, you perform the initial configuration task to create the default Web Interface sites, getting the Web Interface ready for use. Then, you can use Configuration Center to:
- Identify the Web Interface sites that are currently deployed on the Web server running the Web Interface
- Create, modify or delete Web Interface sites
- Export a Web Interface site’s configuration object to a file
Here you can find an overview of these tasks.
Identify Web Interface sites
The Web Interface page in the Configuration Center main window lists all Web Interface sites of the current version that are deployed on the Web server running the Web Interface. For each Web Interface site, the list provides the following information:
- IIS Web site The name of the Web site that holds the Web application implementing the Web Interface site
- Web app alias The alias of the Web application that implements the Web Interface site, which defines the virtual path of that application on the Web server
- Configuration Identifies the object that holds the Web Interface site’s configuration and customization data on the Active Roles Administration Service
From the Web Interface page, you can open Web Interface sites in your Web browser: Click an entry in the list of Web Interface sites and then click Open in Browser on toolbar.