- You can delete multiple user accounts at a time: Select the accounts, right-click the selection, and click Delete. To select multiple accounts, press and hold down CTRL, and then click each account.
- Once a user account has been deleted, all permissions and memberships associated with that user account are permanently deleted. Because the security ID (SID) for each account is unique, a new user account with the same name as a previously deleted user account does not automatically assume the permissions and memberships of the previously deleted account. To duplicate a deleted user account, all permissions and memberships must be manually recreated.
- You can deprovision user accounts as follows: Select one or more accounts in the details pane, right-click the selection, and then click Deprovision.
- You can use the Find function of Active Roles in order to locate the user accounts you want to delete or deprovision. Once you have found the user accounts, you can proceed as follows: Select the accounts in the list of search results, right-click the selection, and click Delete or Deprovision.
- When deleting a user account, you may encounter an error message stating that access is denied. A possible cause of this error is that the user account is protected from deletion. To delete a protected user account, you should first go to the Object tab in the Properties dialog box for that user account, and clear the Protect object from accidental deletion check box.