In addition to the browser compatibility requirements for Starling (see Supported browsers), some additional requirements may need to be met. See the table below for information on those requirements.
The services available through Starling may also include additional hardware and software requirements. Any requirements that must be met by users of a particular service are available within the documentation specific to the service.
Table 3: Additional One Identity Starling requirements
To authenticate using a work account, you need the following:
- Fully configured Azure AD tenant capable of authenticating users.
- In cases where an organization has registered an Azure AD tenant but it is not fully synchronized or an account has not yet been added, the owner of that account will be unable to use Starling at that time unless they register independently from the organization.
To use the event forwarding feature, you need the following:
- A service that supports Syslog.
- A Syslog server configured to use the TLS protocol with a certificate issued by a Microsoft trusted certificate authority. Self-signed certificates are not supported.
- A Syslog server supporting RFC5424 compliant headers.
One Identity Starling requires you to have a Starling organization and account in order to access the services. These organizations and accounts are created and accessed in one of two ways:
- General accounts: This type of account setup uses Starling to authenticate users.
- Work accounts: This type of account setup depends on there being a fully configured Azure AD tenant that is capable of authenticating users. Starling will redirect users with an existing work account to the Azure AD tenant for authentication when they initially create an organization within Starling and for all future access.
Once you have created and accessed an organization and account, the title bar is used to manage them:
- : If multiple organizations are associated with your account, this button (displaying the name of the organization you are currently viewing) appears and opens a drop-down menu that allows you to move between organizations. See the documentation related to your subscribed services for information on how to create and manage accounts affiliated with multiple organizations.
- : This button (displaying the first name of the user) opens a drop-down menu that allows you to select one of the following options:
- Sign out - Clicking this option signs you out of One Identity Starling.
To begin using Starling and its associated services, you must first create an organization.
To create an organization and account
Open the Starling site ( https://www.cloud.oneidentity.com/).
- From the Starling home page, click TRY STARLING.
- Select United States (for the United States data center) or European Union (for the European Union data center).
In the email address field, enter the email address that will be associated with the account. The email address must be less than 64 characters for the local-part and for each domain part (the full email must be less than 255 characters). You need access to the specified email account to complete your registration and any future communications regarding your organization and account will be sent to this email address.
NOTE: If the incorrect data center has been stored, select the displayed name of the currently stored data center (United States or European Union) to reselect your data center region. This will restart the process for storing your login information.
NOTE: At this point Starling checks if your email address belongs to a fully configured Azure AD work account. If that is the case, see Creating a new organization using an existing Azure AD tenant.
If you have an Azure AD tenant registered but not fully configured, you will need to use an account not dependent upon Azure AD when signing up for Starling.
- In the Organization Name field, enter the name of your organization (up to 100 characters long).
- In the First Name field, enter the first name of the account holder (up to 64 characters long).
- In the Last Name field, enter the last name of the account holder (up to 64 characters long).
- In the Create Password field, enter a password for your account. The password must consist of eight to sixteen characters and include three of the following items: uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, or symbol.
- Enter a phone number for the account.
- After entering all your information and accepting the terms and conditions, click START to send a verification email. It could take a few minutes for the email to appear in your inbox.
Once the verification email has arrived, click the Complete your registration link within the email to open the login page of Starling.
- Enter your credentials to access Starling.