To remove group members from a Managed Unit
- In the console tree, expand Active Roles | Configuration | Managed Units.
- Under Managed Units, locate the Managed Unit you want to modify, right-click it, and click Properties.
- On the Membership Rules tab, click Add. The Membership Rule Type dialog box appears.
- In the Membership Rule Type dialog box, click Exclude Group Members, and then click OK. The Select Objects dialog box appears.
- Use the Select Objects dialog box to locate and select the group (or groups) whose members you want to be excluded from the Managed Unit.
For general instructions on how to configure membership rules, see Steps for adding membership rules to a Managed Unit earlier in this document.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.
With the Active Roles console, you can create copies of Managed Units. This feature helps you re-use existing Managed Units.
To create a copy of a Managed Unit, right-click the Managed Unit, and click Copy. This opens the Copy Object – Managed Unit wizard. You can complete the wizard by following the instructions in the Creating a Managed Unit section, earlier in this chapter.
With the Active Roles console, you can export Managed Units to an XML file and then import them from that file to populate another instance of Active Roles. The export and import operations provide a way to move Managed Units from a test environment to a production environment.
NOTE: When you export and then import a Managed Unit, only membership rules are transferred along with other properties of the Managed Unit. The permission and policy settings of the Managed Unit are not exported. You need to reconfigure them manually after you import the Managed Unit.
To export Managed Units, select them, right-click the selection, and select All Tasks | Export. In the Export Objects dialog box, specify the file where you want to save the data, and click Save.
To import Managed Units, right-click the container where you want to place the Managed Units, and then click Import. In the Import Directory Objects dialog box, select the file to which the Managed Units were exported, and click Open.