When configuring a Notification activity, you can specify notification settings such as workflow events to notify of, notification recipients, and notification message template. The same settings apply to the Notification section of other activities such as an Approval activity, a Search activity, and CRUD activities.
- In the Active Roles console tree, expand Configuration | Policies | Workflow, and select the workflow containing the activity you want to configure.
This opens the Workflow Designer window in the details pane, representing the workflow definition as a process diagram.
- In the process diagram, right-click the name of the activity and click Properties.
- Click the Notification tab in the Properties dialog box.
- Events, recipients and messages In this area you can add, view, change, or remove notifications, each of which determines an event to notify of, the recipients of the notification message, the message delivery options, and the message template.
- Active Roles Web Interface This area is used to specify the address (URL) of the Active Roles Web Interface, for constructing hyperlinks in the notification messages.
- E-mail server settings In this area you can view or change the name and other settings of the e-mail server that is used for delivery of notification messages.