Clicking the View Log button displays a log containing summary information about the last run of the Group Family. The log includes descriptions of the error situations, if any occurred during the run, and summarizes the quantitative results of the run, such as the number of updated groups, the number of created groups, and the number of objects that have group memberships changed.
The log can be divided into three sections: Prolog, Error List, and Epilog. The Prolog and Epilog sections are always present in the log, whereas the Error List section only appears if any errors or warnings occurred during the run.
The Prolog section provides the following information:
- The date and time the run was started
- The number of managed objects found in the Group Family scope
- The total amount of groupings found by analyzing the group-by properties
The Epilog section provides the following information:
- The number of errors, if any occurred
- The number of invalid combinations of group-by property values, if any detected
- The number of groups the Group Family created during the run
- The number of groups the Group Family updated during the run
The Error List section provides information about all errors and warnings the Group Family encountered during the run.