By default, the Search activity is executed under the user account specified by the “run as” setting in the workflow options and start conditions. This could be the service account of the Active Roles Administration Service or the account of the user who caused the workflow to start. You can configure the activity to override the default “run as” setting.
To configure “run as” options for a Search activity
- In the process diagram, right-click the name of the Search activity and click Properties.
- Click the “Run as” options hyperlink at the bottom of the “Search” Activity Properties dialog box.
- To override the default “run as” setting for this activity, select the Run this activity under check box, and then choose the account under which you want the activity to run:
- Click The service account of Active Roles if you want this activity to run under the service account of the Active Roles Administration Service.
- Click The account of the user who started the workflow if you want this activity to run under the account of the user who caused the workflow to start. Depending on the type of the workflow, this is either the user who requested the operation that started the workflow or the user who started the workflow on demand.