- Choose the Web site to contain the Web application that implements the new Web Interface site
- Supply the desired alias for that Web application. The alias defines the virtual path that becomes part of the Web Interface site’s address (URL).
Then, the wizard lets you specify the object to hold the configuration and customization data of the new Web Interface site on the Active Roles Administration Service. You can choose from the following options:
- Create the object from a template
- Use an existing object
The new site will have the same configuration and customization as any existing Web Interface site that also uses the object you select. This option is intended for the scenario where you create an additional instance of one of your existing Web Interface sites on a different Web server.
- Create the object by importing data from another object
The new site will inherit the configuration and customization of the site that used the object you select for data import. This option is mainly intended for the upgrade scenario where you create Web Interface sites of the new Active Roles version that have the same configuration and customization as your Web Interface sites of an earlier Active Roles version. In this scenario, you import the configuration data of the earlier version to the Administration Service of the new version (which also imports the site configuration objects of the earlier version), and then create configuration objects for Web Interface sites of the new version by importing data from site configuration objects of the earlier version.
- Create the object by importing data from an export file
The new site will inherit the configuration and customization of the site whose configuration data was saved to the export file you specify. You can choose an export file of any supported Active Roles version.