A Deprovision activity is intended to apply the Active Roles deprovisioning policies to a particular user or group. This activity causes Active Roles to perform all the tasks prescribed by the deprovisioning policies, thereby deprovisioning the user or group.
When you configure a Deprovision activity, you can specify the rules for selecting the user or group you want the activity to deprovision. Additional options are available such as notification, error handling, and “run as” options.
To configure a Deprovision activity
- In the Active Roles console tree, expand Configuration | Policies | Workflow, and select the workflow containing the Deprovision activity you want to configure.
This opens the Workflow Designer window in the details pane, representing the workflow definition as a process diagram.
- In the process diagram, right-click the name of the activity and click Properties.
- Go to the Activity target tab in the “Deprovision” Activity Properties dialog box.
- Click in the Activity performs the operation on this object box to specify the user or group you want the activity to deprovision. This object is referred to as activity target. You can choose from the following options to specify the activity target:
- Fixed object in directory. The activity target is the given object. You can select the desired object in Active Directory when you configure the Deprovision activity.
- Object identified by workflow parameter. The activity target is the object specified by the value of a certain parameter of the workflow. You can choose the desired parameter from the workflow definition when you configure the Deprovision activity.
- Object from workflow data context. The activity target is selected by the activity on the basis of the data found in the workflow environment at the time of executing the workflow. When configuring the Deprovision activity, you can specify which object you want the activity to select at workflow run time.
- Object identified by DN-value rule expression. The Distinguished Name (DN) of the activity target is specified by the string value of a certain rule expression. By using a rule expression, you can compose a string value based on properties of various objects found in the workflow environment at the time of executing the workflow. You can create the desired rule expression when you configure the Deprovision activity.
- View or change notification settings. For instructions, see Configuring notification.
- View or change error handling settings. For instructions, see Configuring error handling.
- View or change "run as" options. For instructions, see Configuring “run-as” options.
- View or change advanced settings. For instructions, see Configuring additional settings.