The Active Roles console displays comprehensive information about client sessions. With the console connected to a given Administration Service, you can examine which clients are using that Service. Session information provided by the console includes the following:
- User Logon name of the account used by the session to connect to the Administration Service.
- Active Roles Admin Whether or not the client is logged on as a member of the Active Roles Admin account, and thus has administrator rights on the Administration Service.
- Client Version Client application, such as MMC Interface or Web Interface, and its version.
- Last Access Time Date and time that the Administration Service was last accessed within this session.
- Logon Time Date and time that the session was opened.
- Client Host DNS name of the computer running the client application.
- Client Site Network site of the computer running the client application.
- Connect to the Administration Service you want to examine for the client sessions.
- In the console tree, expand Configuration | Server Configuration, and select Client Sessions.
As a result, the details pane lists the client sessions for the Administration Service to which the console is connected.
- Send e-mail to the session user.
- Disconnect the session from the Administration Service.
- View additional information about the session.
The Properties dialog box for a client session includes the following tabs:
- General Information about the session user, client version, client host, and client site.
- Client Activity Information about logon time, last access time, and the number of operations performed within the session, grouped by operation type.
- Member Of List of all security groups computed due to a transitive group membership expansion operation on the session user at the moment of session start.
- Domain Controllers Information about the domain controllers used to retrieve and update directory data within the session.