Access Rules are intended to be applied to Access Template links. A single Access Rule or no Access Rule can be applied to a given link. By default, no Access Rule is applied, which configures an unconditional link. By applying an Access Rule, you create a conditional link that has an effect only if the Access Rule’s conditional expression evaluates to True during permission check.
To apply an Access Rule
- In a list of Access Template links, double-click the Access Template link to which you want to apply the Access Rule.
You can select Access Template links from various lists provided be the Active Roles console. Thus, you can use the Delegate Control command on a container object to display a list of all Access Template links that determine the permission settings for that container. The Links command on an Access Template displays all links of that Access Template. The Active Roles Security tab in the advanced details pane lists the Access Template links that determine the security settings for the object selected in the Active Roles console.
- In the Properties dialog box that appears, click the Access Rule tab.
- Click the Change button, and then select the Access Rule you want to apply.
From the Access Rule tab, you can also perform the following tasks:
- Choose a different Access Rule for the selected Access Template link. Click the Change button and choose the Access Rule you want.
- View or change the Access Rule applied to the selected Access Template link. Click the Properties button and then go to the Conditions page to review or modify the Access Rule’s conditional expression.
- Remove the Access Rule from the selected Access Template link. Click the Clear button to remove the Access Rule.